Thursday, June 05, 2008
the latest
I had a fabulous time in San Francisco last weekend - met up with some girlfriends for a fun overnight getaway including dinner, drinks, and watching Sex And The City on opening night. I also dragged a few of them (all non-knitters) into Artfibers where I picked up this cone of Ming with which I plan to make a Clapotis (yes, I know, I'm super late to the party). It was hard to choose a color because they were all gorgeous - the photo doesn't do it justice. I wish I could have hung out at the store longer but my flight into SFO had been delayed and therefore limited my time there. Next time I would love to spend a few hours swatching all their beautiful yarns!


Above is my Central Park Hoodie with one of our dogs wondering what the fuss is about. I'm debating whether to add a zipper. I've been wearing it without one and it's fine but I'll probably put one in eventually. Lastly is a lace scarf I just started - pattern can be found here. The yarn is the one I dyed with Kool-Aid as seen in my last post. It's knitting up a bit stiff and I wonder if it will soften with time and a few washings. I'm also hoping it will block OK even though it is superwash. Anyone have any insight?


1 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Isn't Artfibers fun? I love how everything comes on those little cones, I wish all yarn came like that.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer