Wednesday, May 07, 2008
oh yeaaah!
Knit Picks Bare superwash merino/nylon fingering weight and the
following flavors of Kool Aid: Black Cherry, Tropical Punch, Cherry,
Pink Lemonade, Orange, Grape, Tamarindo, along with a few drops
of blue and red food coloring that I found in our kitchen cabinet!


Our knitting group had a yarn-dyeing party last weekend and it was a blast! When I got home, I dyed my yarn a few more times and here's how it looks after about 30 packets of Kool Aid. Check out more photos of everyone else's gorgeous yarn on Kelie's blog. You can see me in the fourth photo down - second from the right - as I attempt to pour Kool Aid on my yarn hank with a pitcher. Now I know how hand-dyeing yarn can easily become an addiction!


2 Comments:

Blogger Corinne said...

Wow - the color is GORGEOUS! You guys looked like you had a great time. I only dyed yarn (Manos) with Kool Aid once and I loved the results. I only did one hank and have no idea what to do with it!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got your color! yeah

30 packets??? That's obsession.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer