Thursday, February 21, 2008
yummy yarn
You might remember the sock yarn I won in a blog contest awhile back (hand-dyed by Melanie of Lotus Yarns). Well, I recently started knitting it up and wanted to share how much I love the yarn! The color is gorgeous and it's easy to knit. Now I can retroactively say that the Brown Sheep Wildfoote I used on my Cloverleaf Eyelet Rib socks was terrible in comparison - very splitty and a bit of a chore to deal with. Who needs that when you can knit with an enjoyable yarn that's beautiful to boot?

On the subject of blog contests...I entered quite a few lately and have actually won several. Not everyone follows through with sending prizes but I can't complain since I feel lucky to even have won any. Here's another great contest from KnittingGal for two knitting books: Good Luck!


2 Comments:

Blogger LotusKnits said...

I'm so flattered that you like the yarn! Will you share the pattern you're working on?

Wow- Edina- you have so many interests. I just discovered your knitting blog. We sketched at Abundant Fibers & Dyeworks in Sellwood this week. I love all the colors and textures of fibers.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer