Thursday, November 29, 2007
late to the party
I just cast on the Central Park Hoodie. I picked up the Knitscene issue in a LYS bargain bin and happened to have some Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed in my stash that is similar to the Takhi Donegal Tweed called for. After snooping around the web and Ravelry, I came to learn just how late I am to jump on this bandwagon!

I've made a few modifications already:

  • went down to a #7 needle for the body because the DB Aran Tweed is pretty thin in some spots, so I'm knitting the sweater one size larger; some other knitters have said the pattern runs small so this should work out
  • knitting the back and fronts in one piece to avoid some seams
  • added two more rows between cable rows to elongate the cables a bit
  • only knit 3" of ribbing instead of 4" since I'm vertically-challenged


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's looking great! I like the look with the tweed. It was nice to meet you on Wednesday, if only briefly--sorry I couldn't stay long!

Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

The tweed looks great so far! Thanks for entering the contest at my blog; I should be notifying the winner soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer