Tuesday, December 16, 2008
playing catch up - part 2
Last month, a few of us from our weekly knitting group and friends road-tripped up to Torrance for the annual fiber festival put on by the SoCal Handweavers' Guild. I went prepared with this ginormous new fabric bag I made...good thing, too, since I bought a huge hank of yarn which I nicknamed "Big Bertha." The $35 festival price was a siren song I could not resist (retail $78.54). It should be interesting when I try and wind all that yarn!



pattern: Betty Shopper (large) by Amy Butler
fabrics: Bangle Dot and Mocca by Alexander Henry

1.32 pounds of Newton Country Yarns sportweight merino


1 Comments:

Blogger Khalila said...

I hand-wound my big berta into a huge ball. I'm sure there are other ways you could wind it though.:) Do you know what you're going to make yet? I love your bag! If you ever want to get together and sew let me know. I have a sewing machine and a serger, just not the talent. I would love to make one of those!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer