Thursday, December 18, 2008
latest stash enhancement
Last night our knitting group had our annual white elephant gift exchange. This year everyone was to bring sock yarn and here's what I ended up with, after having a few items "stolen" from me including a wonderful new book - phooey - but that's the way white elephants go. :) It was a fun time and I'm looking forward to trying out this Noro Kureyon Sock yarn I've heard so much about. After some quick and very unscientific research on Ravelry, I was left to ponder the following...

- extreme opinions about Kureyon Sock; I read a lot of passionate "I love" and "I hate" statements about this yarn

- the yarn is not machine-washable so maybe socks would not be a suitable project

- if the long color changes would look better broken up; here are some lovely examples

skinny stripes

entrelac

not sure what this is, fair isle maybe?

One skein of sock yarn sure has given me lots to think about!


1 Comments:

Since you have only one skein I would myself knit the mittens they are very pretty:)Hugs Darcy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer